Living It Up.
Ahhhhhh, there’s no better place to relax at the end of the day than your living room, the ultimate retreat where you can kick off your shoes and unwind. Like a comfy slipper, your living room is the place you can truly be you. But when it comes to selling your house, it might be time swap the slippers for some serious style and put your house on the front row. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
It’s all in the details when staging your living room ready for sale, so take a step back and have a good look at what needs to be done. It’s a good idea to...
- START WITH YOUR WALLS. Keep your walls neutral and stick to classic paint colours. Do a stock take on your artwork – again, NEUTRALITY IS KEY here, so remove any family photographs and stick with some focal points like paintings, prints or mirrors (which will give the impression of space too).
- TAKE A LOOK AT YOUR SOFA - if it’s seen better days it might be worth investing in a new one that you can take with you, or if the budget won’t stretch then adding some new cushions or throws will give it an instant update.
- Now for the FLOORS. A living room is likely to be one of the most well-trodden spaces in the house, so give your carpet or rugs a good clean, which will freshen things up and eliminate any lingering smells.
- You’ll also want to create the perfect AMBIENCE, and lighting is an easy way to do this. Turn off as many overhead lights as possible and create a cosy feel with lamps.
- Finally, a few FINISHING TOUCHES will allow potential purchasers to buy into a lifestyle. Think candles, flowers, coffee table books, a few key pieces arranged on your shelves, and maybe even some ambient background music. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Your living room really does set a certain standard of living, so these home-staging tips will undoubtedly help you create a living space anyone would like to buy into.